Vox Financial Partners are experts in regulatory change
Candidate Privacy Notice
As part of our candidate application and recruitment process, Vox Financial Partners collects, processes and stores personal information about you. We process this information for a range of purposes relating to the recruitment process and this may include your application, assessment, pre-employment screening, and your worker permissions. This document sets out:
Throughout this Privacy Notice we use the term “processing” to cover all activities involving your personal information, including collecting, handling, storing, sharing, accessing, using, transferring and disposing of the information.
1. Why do we collect your personal information?
In order to manage your application, we need to process certain personal information about you. The purposes for this are set out below. We only process your information as necessary for the purposes of progressing your application or as required by law or regulatory requirements, so not all of the purposes set out below will apply to you all of the time.
- Application: CV, name, address, employment history, academic and professional qualifications, age, diversity (i.e. gender. ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation ), nationality, previous disciplinary matters;
- Assessment: CV, interview (face to face, telephone or video),technical assessments;
- Pre-employment screening: county court judgements, penalties for tax evasion, sanctions screening, criminal history checks.
2. What personal information might we process?
Here are some examples of the type of information we may process.
- Personal details such as name, address, date and place of birth;
- Work history/job data; previous employers, positions, dates, etc.
- Compensation; basic salary, benefits, bonuses, etc.;
- Education and work history including professional qualifications and skills;
- Employer feedback / references to include regulated references where necessary;
- Nationality / visa / right to work permit information; (e.g. passport, driving licence, National Insurance numbers)
- Results of Pre-employment screening checks (e.g. credit history, criminal records checks where permitted under local law)
During the process we also capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disability information). We do this in order to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates to apply for jobs with us, to attend interviews/assessment centres, to prepare for starting with us (if successful) and to ensure that we comply with regulatory obligations placed on us with regard to our hiring.
3. Who do we share your personal information with?
Vox Financial Partners will need to share your personal information internally (both in the country where you may work and in other countries in which we have operations) and may require to share it with some external parties associated with VoxFP. Some of these third parties and associates will be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Your information will only be shared if it is necessary or required (for example in order to carry out Pre-employment screening).
The recruitment process will involve:
- Assessing and progressing your application,
- Assessing your suitability (skills, strengths, behaviours for the role)
- Activities needed to complete the on-boarding and screening process should your application be successful.
To enable these processes your personal information may be shared internally, but the information shared is limited to what is required by each individual to perform their role in the recruitment process.
Your personal information may be shared internally with the following people:
- Those employees who would have managerial responsibility for you or are acting on their behalf;
- Employees in HR who have responsibility for certain HR processes (for example recruitment, assessment, pre-employment screening);
- Employees in IT and system owners who manage user access;
VoxFP may also need to share your information with certain external third parties including:
- Companies who provide candidate interview and assessment services to VoxFP;
- Suppliers who undertake background screening on behalf of VoxFP (credit checking agencies, criminal checking bureaus, etc.)
- Academic institutions (Universities, colleges, etc.) in validating information you’ve provided
- Other third-party suppliers (or potential suppliers), who provide services on our behalf.
4. How do we protect your information?
Our HR and Recruitment systems are protected to ensure that unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal information, accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information does not occur. This is done in accordance with the VoxFP Data Protection Policy.
Where we share information with other parties located outside your country, as a minimum, VoxFP will require that such personal information is protected as required by the laws of the country where you work. We also require its third party suppliers or recipients of personal information to guarantee the same level of protection as provided by VoxFP. Your personal information will be retained in accordance with our Data Retention Policies(which means that we may hold some information after your application is complete).
5. Your Rights
You are entitled to see the information the bank holds about you. You can also request changes to be made to incorrect information. You can ask for information to be deleted or blocked if you legitimately think that the bank shouldn’t be processing that information, is processing it incorrectly.
If you have any queries about this notice or your personal information generally, including questions about accessing your personal information or correcting it, you should contact the Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
As this document is updated by the Data Protection Officer, the current versions will be posted on this site.
6. Screening checks
As part of the Selection process, VoxFP performs a number of screening checks, where permitted by local law. These checks are only performed on candidates who have been selected for a role. Your consent will be requested before screening checks are performed.
7. Criminal records checks
Given the nature of our business, we have legal and regulatory obligations to ensure that the people we employ can be relied upon to handle client information and systems responsibly. We therefore ask questions about any prior civil or criminal proceedings you may have been subject to and may also conduct criminal record checks.
8. Processing Conditions
The bank’s entitlement to process your personal information is governed by a number of processing conditions. This means that we may rely on more than one of these conditions in order to process elements of your personal information throughout the recruitment process.
- The bank will process your personal information in the administration of your application.
- The bank will also process your personal information where it is required by law or regulation or it is in the legitimate interests of the applicant or the bank. This processing will always be fair and lawful and will at all times comply with the principles of applicable privacy laws in the country where you have applied to be employed.